Iphone 4 Jailbreak getting leaked ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xxchefxx, Jul 10, 2010.

1. xxchefxx macrumors member

2. seungmook.lee macrumors newbie

I'm really looking forward to the tethering function with my iPhone 4...with Mywi!

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's not.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=960557

Read the last few pages. But in short:

1. He refuses to upload to a file sharing host, instead keeps stalling with problems trying to get the torrent to work. If he had one, he would have been uploaded to a file sharing host and done with it. Its funny how he talks about releasing it "unlike comex," but the dev-team doesnt fool around with people and always gives direct downloads.

2. The so-called 20 "successful jailbreakers" are no where to be found but in his imagination. If someone had a jailbroken iPhone 4, it would be all over the place by now.

3. He emailed the program to a few people, which turned out to be sn0wbreeze. The entire act was a hoax to get more followers onto his twitter, which worked.

4. xxchefxx thread starter macrumors member

5. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

6. Darwing macrumors 6502

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

GeHot just got an iPhone 4...I think if he got it the day it came out, we wouldve seen a jailbreak already

I think he says stuff like "im not going to release it" or "im not working on the jailbreak" is because people keep bugging him on Twitter on when it will be released

8. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You do realize the devteam has finished the jailbreak (and in fact an unlock is almost finished as well) a while ago and are waiting for Apple to release 4.0.1 first? Geohot probably hasn't even started thinking about packaging, let alone releasing, his jailbreak.

I have nothing but admiration for Geohot but learn the facts next time before you insult the people working for you

9. tnisatard macrumors 6502

the dev team already made a jailbreak for the iPhone 4, they just dont show it off and tease people like geohot

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Actully Comex is doing the jailbreak! and you don't know the difference between getting a exploit and a polished end product! and if you don't like the way people handle things learn to hack yourself! then you can do what the hell you want! ;) yep I am sick of ungrateful people last I checked Dev-team doesn't get paid for this!

11. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

The Dev Team never stated any of that.

The only thing you said that might be true is that "..unlock is almost finished as well."

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think even that is a stretch. MuscleNerd and planetbeing have said they're making progress, but they've said nothing about being almost done.

13. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I see it as a privilege to have a jailbreak so I read and patiently wait. :)

14. Evgenyy macrumors regular

Geohot did not jailbreak his iPhone. The pic was fake.