iPhone 4 Jailbreak Help Please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mdantuono, May 23, 2011.

1. mdantuono macrumors newbie

I recently purchased an iPhone 4 and was able to jailbreak it but it was a tethered jailbreak. The version I was running was 4.3 (8F190), I was tired of using my computer to boot so I tried everything to untether including trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 through iTunes but I would get Error 3194. I tried to downgrade to 4.2.1 and during the process iTunes was stuck at preparing iPhone for restore and finally was unable to install the OS. I was stuck with the apple logo on my screen so I tried to boot tethered through redsnow for both versions of the OS. When I do this for 4.3 redsnow gets stuck at the exploiting limera1n step, and when I tried booting with 4.2.1 I get through redsnow but my iPhone is just stuck with the pineapple logo. Right now I cant do anything with my phone. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Pilaf424 macrumors newbie

I suggest for now just restore it, turn it off, unplug it, hold home button and plug it in, then research it more, because I know for a fact there is an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.3

3. mdantuono thread starter macrumors newbie

my problem is that i can not restore my iphone. I just tried to do it through itunes or rebooting tethered in redsnow and nothing happens. my phone just has a black screen right now and i have no idea what to do now. i will pay someone if they can get this thing back on

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Follow this page for your iPhone JBs, they know what they're doing: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

As for your phone, did you try a hard reset? If not, just hold down the sleep and home buttons (the one on the front with a square and the one on top) until you see the Apple logo appear (it may take 15-20 seconds, just be patient and don't let go).

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee