iPhone 4 jailbreak trouble

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CaptianCheech, Jul 9, 2011.

1. CaptianCheech macrumors newbie

i recently went to jailbreakme.com on the iphone 4 and tapped free and cydia began to install and i tapped on the app and it gave me a option to click user,hacker,developer. and i didnt click anything and i got a call and it wouldnt let me answer it and as the call screen was up i received two texts which i couldnt click on . so i held down the sleep/wake button and the home button until it shut off. and i tried turning it back on and it wont go past the apple logo. any help?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Plug your phone into your computer and do a restore with iTunes. Rejailbreak with Redsn0w. I really don't recommend JBME right now, it's very unstable.

3. CaptianCheech thread starter macrumors newbie

the itunes does NOT reconize it . it wont go past the apple logo

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Put the phone in DFU mode and see if that helps. You do this by plugging the phone into the computer, holding the home and sleep until the Apple logo disappears, and then holding the home button until you hear the "bam ba" sound of the iPhone being recognized by the computer.

5. CaptianCheech thread starter macrumors newbie

i plugged it into the computer with itunes running and then held down the sleep wake button until the screen went black then i let go of the wake/sleep button, while still holding the home button and the apple logo appeared again , then held the home button for atleast 3-4 minutes and nothing happened

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You aren't doing it right in that case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

Try watching this!

7. CaptianCheech thread starter macrumors newbie

If i hold down the sleepwake button and home until it goes on and off about 5 - 8 times the connect to itunes appears and i plugged it in and it said to restore the iphone becos it was in recovery mode and i clicked it and it began to download the update and it was fully done. Then i message appeared and said something like'' error has occured while downloading this software. connection has timed out. please check your network connection. " i have tried to update my phone from two diffferent computers in the past and it still says the same thing as it did up their ^