iPhone 4 - jailbroken 4.2.1 stopped booting, won't restore either

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ascendotuum32, Aug 27, 2011.

1. ascendotuum32 macrumors newbie

So I've been trying to get my phone to work for hours now, reading through all of the articles about DFU mode, iRecovery, etc... and I'm still unable to get this damn phone to work!

My iPhone 4 has been running 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpoison for months now. Yesterday it locked up and the picture went all screwy. So I turned the phone off and when I turned it back on it won't start up all the way anymore.

I was following the articles on how to restore my jailbroken iPhone back to factory defaults. So. I get the phone to come up in DFU mode (black screen). iTunes recognizes the phone. I hit restore. It goes through the first part of the process and then when the phone reboots to start the install, it comes up with just a white screen and the installation fails with "The iPhone could not be restored. Unknown error 3002"

I tried the latest firmware as well as 4.2.1, 4.3 & 4.3.3 they all do the same thing.

2. Almeuit macrumors regular