Iphone 4 jailbroken, need to restore contacts, sms

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by orchidmac, Apr 20, 2012.

1. orchidmac macrumors newbie

I have a beautiful jailbroken iphone 4 i got on ebay, with siri and proxy fully loaded and cydia. Its running 5.0.1. I would like to make this iphone mine and load it with my music and my apps from my former (stolen) iphone 4s, which was backed up in both itunes and icloud.

Problem 1. i can't restore from itunes b/c it will update to 5.1 rendering the JB useless. I can't restore the phone to original setting to restore from icloud b/c it will also render the JB useless (accoring to cydia techs)

I am scared to sync it with itunes bc it will erase everything already on the phone, including siri.

Question: What can i do? I would like the maximum resemblance to my former phone on this one while keeping siri and the jailbreak. Can i restore from icloud somehow? Can i manually restore just the contacts or just the apps? The original owner of the phone on ebay is also willing to help in anyway he can.

THanks for any help you can offer on any of my questions

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Just restore to a firmware that can be jail broken

Hold shift & hit restore on iTunes

Go online & download the firmware

Turn on the phone login with your apple ID to iCloud ,get your apps

Then jailbreak the phone

What's the problem ?

Or restore ,than jailbreak. And after that install all your apps an cydia tweaks

3. orchidmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok that sounds easy enough. How do i restore to an early jailbreakable firmware?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

there is more than meets the eye with the "simple" sollution from Che….

To restore to older firmware you'll need the SHSH's
    Open cydia and see which one's your phone has

When syncing to itunes it doesn't erase JB-apps, Siri on IP4 is a JB app which wil remain on your device.

You can sync it with your old backup, without losing that.

Restoring a phone with firmware will certainly erase all content including Siri.

Try syncing with itunes first.

5. Che Castro, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

Che Castro macrumors 603

The phone is already jail broken ,so he just needs to restore to the same firmware his on now

Then use his apple ID INSTEAD of the sellers apple ID

OR i dont know if is possible to change iclouds login info and all that stuff without restoring

If it was me i would want a brand new restore phone fresh

Then just redo the jailbreak

6. masterbeta2 macrumors newbie

you can't restore to earlier firmware even with shsh blobs as apple stopped signing them already so they will not work

simply reformat your phone to the current 5.1 - you won't lose siri as siri is exclusive to any iPhone 4s

5.1 has been already jailbroken for a while now - google iPhone dev-team blog for complete info

----edit----
    sorry, i thought you said you have an iPhone 4s - hence why you wanted siri

if you have your own siri files from your old phone you can do as i stated above and load your own siri proxies/etc... however, keep in mind, if you want to continue using your current iPhone 4 with your ebay siri - then you are using someone else's siri proxies (possibly tied to their account) - there are other alternatives on cydia for siri-like features

good luck!

7. orchidmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I just went ahead and did a restore settings, did an ICloud Backup from January, and it kept Cydia and Spire! I didn't think it would, but that was a nice surprise. So the phone remained jailbroken. I just used the old Siri proxy on the phone but she only intermittently works so I'm going to ask a friend for hers. Do I just copy the proxy url?

Also, just thought I'd ask here...How do I tether this jailbroken phone?

Thanks for everyone's input.

-Alice

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Use tetherme, MyWi or PDAnet to tether.

All in cydia.