iPhone 4 - Jailbroken on 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by seemore, Nov 8, 2011.

1. seemore macrumors newbie

I have two AT&T 16gb Iphones 4 that are JB IOS 4.3.3.

In attempting to sell these, I wanted to erase all the data on them. When I try to use the Erase All in settings I just get the Apple Logo with a status bar that doesnt move. I Can reset them to get them back on but need a way to Erase al of the info and if possible keeping 4.3.3 because the potential buyer wants to keep the JB. Any suggestions?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You can't do that to jailbroken Iphone. Once you do, it will hang.

3. seemore thread starter macrumors newbie

So the only thing I can do is Restore via iTunes to the latest IOS5?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Can you try to run Redsn0w with it and see if it works? i have not done it, so I don't know. If it does not work, then I think you will have to go to OS5.

5. seemore thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the ignorance here. I thoght Resn0w was another jailbreak. I used jailbreakme.com initially.

Can you tell me what you mean by trying to run Redsn0w? I appreciate your advice. Thanks!

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

In order for you to use jailbreakme.com, you must have access to safari on your iphone. Your phone is now in a boot loop and you can't do anything with it. So, what we are trying here is to use redsn0w to jailbreak and boot it and see if it works. I hope that if your phone somehow still have 4.3.3 fw on it, then redsn0w might work.

follow instruction on this link;

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14562

7. seemore thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah i see what your saying. When I was seeing the Apple Logo with Status Bar, I just restarted the phone and it went back to the original Jailbreak 4.3.3 mode so nothing erased or happened when I TRIED to use the ERase all in settings. So here is where I am stuck. I want to ERASE everything and maintain 4.3.3 but I cant figure out how to erase all of my data other then connecting to iTunes which will then put me on 5.0.1 or whatever.

8. seemore thread starter macrumors newbie

What if i restore to a backup prior to Jailbreaking, will I have the IOS that was on during the backup ie September 2010 so it should be an older IOS?

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you have SHSH blob save for your phone? If you do, retire to one of that firmware so you have clean, factory setting phone.

10. seemore thread starter macrumors newbie

NO I do not. I am trying to figure out how to get that.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant do an "erase all" on a JB device.
    As you already noticed it will get stuck at the Apple logo.
    You can try ifaith I believe so you can create a custom ipsw and save your current 4.3.3 blobs in order to restore back to 4.3.3
    Try this:
    http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/ifaith-save-shsh-blobs-unsigned-ios-windows