iPhone 4 Jailbroken Power Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coolant113, Nov 15, 2010.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

My iphone 4 i jailbroken 4.1. Today i let the battery completely die. It had the connect to power source immage on with the battery with the red in it. I plugged it in. And now its been sitting on the charger for about 15 minutes. And nothing yet. I need this phone for tomorrow. I need to get it working. Any help please would be appreciated:apple::apple:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Plug it into the computer and see if it recognizes it, then restore and re-jailbreak if you insist on jailbreaking.

3. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

To speed up the process, plug it into the wall. If it does not come back alive after an hour or 2, then you have a problem. Otherwise, that's just how it works.

4. coolant113 thread starter macrumors 6502

coolant113

so just got home from the apple store. they didnt tell me much and they didnt even try troubleshooting it, all they said was that they could offer me a new one for 200 dollars. :( however im still open to anyone who knows how to fix the problem, because i need my phone asap:apple::apple:

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Did you tell them it was jailbroken? because that doesn't really sound like Apple. A bad power supply is usually looked at and if defective replaced especially since it's still under the 1 year warranty. Apple has been very good to me with under warranty repairs at least.

6. coolant113 thread starter macrumors 6502

coolant113

no i didnt tell them it was jailbroken, because doesnt that completely void the warranty?:apple::apple:

7. gnychis macrumors 6502

take it back to the apple store and get someone different. I've found that the service you get can be very dependent on the person who services you. Someone with a crappy day will just blow you off.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Agreed. It's under warranty and is most likely a hardware issue. At the very least they should have looked at it to diagnose it.