iPhone 4 jalebroken "mail client" issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reza96, Aug 10, 2010.

1. reza96 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please be nice to me :)

I have a iPhone 4.0 with a jailbroken ios 4.0.1. Everything works great except one big problem:

I have two email accounts setup and on both when I open an email and touch the forward/reply button (the curving arrow), the whole mail client app shuts down.
    I have deleted and re-added the email accounts with POP or IMAP option but I get a same result. Te app immediatly closes as soon as I touch the forward/reply button....

I have search every where with no success. I feel I'm the only one with this problem...

Please help.

Thanks,

Reza

2. JReynolds macrumors 6502

Sounds like your mail.app is conflicting with something you downloaded via Cydia or Rock...?

What all have you put on there in the JB side of the house?

3. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Ands that's why I don't jailbreak. Causes too many issues with items that, to me, are necessary.

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Hmm...I don't think that's the issue. Nor a solution. Don't you have a sea to part or a pool to walk across?

The nit-wit aside, I tend to agree that you most likely installed something that's conflicting with the mail app or some component of the app. If you didn't install a ton of stuff, you might try uninstalling them one by one and see if mail suddenly starts working. Then don't reinstall whatever it was you uninstalled before it started working. If that doesn't work or you did install a ton of stuff, if I were you I'd simply restore and start over. After restoring, set up mail and make sure it works. THEN start installing stuff...ONE BY ONE...and try mail after each install. If it dies, make a note of what killed it and trash that app. It's fairly torturous trial and error but that's how it works and how you learn to discern what you really need and what's useless trash.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

People like you are the reason I love the internets.

6. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

:rolleyes:

7. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I call 'em as I see 'em.