iPhone 4 JB STUCK AT PURPLE SCREEN

FailasaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I go to jailbreakme.com, and slide to jailbreak, but everytime it just stays on the purple screen, with no popup saying that the jailbreak is taking place. I tried enabling popups to see if that would help, but nothing. Anyone else having the same problem? Any tips for getting around this?

Thanks ahead of time!

Samar7

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2008
I go to jailbreakme.com, and slide to jailbreak, but everytime it just stays on the purple screen, with no popup saying that the jailbreak is taking place. I tried enabling popups to see if that would help, but nothing. Anyone else having the same problem? Any tips for getting around this?

Thanks ahead of time!
Try jailbreakme.modmyi.com

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Yep, it should almost immediately pop something up to say that it's downloading.

FailasaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I restarted my phone a few times, and kept trying and finally got it to download. Now, I can sleep easy :) Best of luck to any of you still trying!

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I'm stuck at the purple screen also. I guess I'll need to wait a day or two after the rush is over.

EDIT: WTF -- all of my bookmarks in Sarafi on my iPhone are gone now after trying to jailbreak!?!?

MV ROB

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Same here, even after restore I still get purple screen and no face time or mms. Worst part is that my huge collection and highly organized bookmarks are all gone. Even being on MobileMe and trying to resync bookmarks in settings hasn't helped. I'll try a restore as new in the morning and leave this jailbreak alone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.