Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jooak

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 4 16 gb (black, of course) and for some reason it just goes out. I will lock the phone then come back to unlock it and it wont come on. So I hold down the sleep and home button together and then it reboots. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what do you think it is?

Thanks so much.

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Happened last night for the first time. My battery was about 8% and went and pressed the power button off, then I realized I wanted to check the usage so I clicked the home button real fast and the screen flashed and went black. Pressing any button did nothing. So I plugged it into the charger (which I needed to do anyways) and nothing, not even a sound. So decided to do a hard reset and it was back on. I'm just going to keep an eye on it and see what a new update does when its released. My phone is great except for this first hiccup. My wifes phone has not done this yet but I told her what to do if it happens to her. I still think there are a lot of bug that need to be addressed in the next update and they will.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.