iphone 4 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by miniamber, Mar 15, 2011.

1. miniamber macrumors member

It seems like everyday that my phone keeps crashing. It's a message something about the springboard or something like that crashed and you phone is in safe mode. This has happen repeatedly, I am new to this jailbreaking thing. I had used the greenrich or something like that on iclarified. Can someone please help me on what should I do?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

All of us JBers get occasional crashes, but your issue sounds like a mobile substrate add-on conflict. What apps do you have? SBSettings?

3. miniamber thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for replying back. For real mines crash like everyday. And I don't have many apps on there the only jb app is the mywi, whoiscalling and anyring. What the SBSettings?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You only have 3 apps? One of your apps is a problem. Perhaps uninstall whoiscalling and see if there is a difference. Then anyring, etc.

5. miniamber thread starter macrumors member

I think the problem is when I first jb before I downloaded any app it was crashing like this. I sometimes don't get my phone calls. My phone be freezing up. I just don't know what to do.

6. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

After a crash on my Original, I always reset the phone, hold the home and power buttons until the screen turns off, then press the power button.
    That seems to help if it's just a temporary issue.

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Well, if it crashed on you with a virgin jailbreak you need to re-jailbreak. Try that without re-adding any old iTunes backup to your iPhone and you should be good

8. miniamber thread starter macrumors member

So I should basically go through that restore process? Which jb should I use? How do I get things like mywii back?

9. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I guess you're on 4.2.1 and used http://www.greenpois0n.com to jailbreak? The way forward depends on if you managed to save SHSH blobs for the 4.2.1 firmware on time or not. You'll need access to the SHSH blobs to restore to anything else but 4.3, which is the latest version

Download http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Run TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone and click on Save SHSH. The log will tell you for which firmware version you have SHSH's saved

Report back here once you've done that

10. miniamber thread starter macrumors member

Yes u are totally correct. So I need to download all of this on Mac. I'm so new to this, I'm sorry if I sound dumb. It's like I'm scared that I'm going to mess something up.

11. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI