iPhone 4 keeps going into safe mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BRIANxJAY, Aug 20, 2011.

1. BRIANxJAY macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

Hey guys! My iPhone 4 4.3.3 keeps going into Safe Mode today, today is the first time it has happen. What could it be? I am also unlocked with the Gevey Sim. Thanks!

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Could be lots of reasons, since you're jailbroken.

A guaranteed fix would be a restore.

3. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

I wouldn't mind restoring it but I don't want that to run 4.3.5 on that phone due to the hassle of needing the computer for me to boot the jailbreak. Is restoring the only solution?

4. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Eliminate the possibilities and think What was the Last apps you installed before it started going into Safe Mode...

Remove those recent installed apps and see if that helps, before doing a restore

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Well you could try removing everything you downloaded on Cydia. Then restart your phone, and see if there are any changes.

If all is well at that point, then it's a process of elimination to find out what's causing the issue.

6. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

I think it is a recent app I installed with Cydia, its the SMS bite. I am going to be uninstalling it now and see if it is it.

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Eliminate Winterboard and SBSettings. Two of the ********* apps ever written in human history. I got rid of them and my phone is stable, perfectly stable.