Iphone 4 Keeps looping from Logo to slide

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tonysg7uk, Dec 4, 2012.

1. tonysg7uk, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012

tonysg7uk macrumors newbie

Hi
    Ive been given a iphone 4 which i was told was not working.
    Ive replaced the battery and done a restore through itunes as all it was doing was showing the apple logo all the time.
    I did a retore using DFU and now itunes recognises the phone, but now it loops between the apple logo and the slide bar to start. I can move the slide bar across, but then it freezes for a few seconds and then shows the apple logo again. Sometimes for a split second it shows available wifi networks before going back to apple logo.

I can see the O2 and signal bars at the top of the screen when its on "slide to unlock" screen.

Its currently running IOS 6.0.1

Any ideas much appreciated?????????????????????????????

2. savage1987 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue.. I was given a water damaged iphone 4 which didn't turn on at all, i took it to a repair shop but they could only get it to show the apple logo. I took it home, connected it to itunes and done a restore and now the apple logo comes on then the slide to unlock comes on, i slide it and it freezes for 5 seconds and then back to the apple logo..

Is there anything i can do to fix this issue?.. or is it a "send to apple and fork out £££ for a new one?"

Any help would be great..

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Exchange the OoW iPhone at an Apple store for ~$199.

4. savage1987 macrumors newbie

I dont have the money to spend £££ on a phone thats why i came on this site hoping some genius can help me fix it :)...

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Water damaged electronics are usually doomed. There's no magic fix as corrosion does its irreversible damage.

Next time you need a phone don't buy a broken one.

6. savage1987 macrumors newbie

i was told most cases of water damage iphones can be fixed.. i am lucky, i didnt buy the phone it was given to me...