iPhone 4 keeps putting itself into recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IMxRANDALICIOUS, Oct 18, 2012.

1. IMxRANDALICIOUS macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 keeps putting itself into recovery mode and this is a major problem. I have been able to restore the phone numerous times and put the saved backup of my phone onto it. My phone does not stay restored for long and it will go back into recovery mode after a short time. Need a solution to the problem.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try setting up as a new phone. Or use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

3. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

That isnt the problem, the problem is it keeps putting itself into recovery mode

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because it comes across some file corruption or an error. Set it up as a new phone to remove file corruption from the equation or try to force it out of recovery mode by using TinyUmbrella.

5. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

you say force it out of recovery mode like it is stuck in it and i cannot do anything. its not stuck in recovery mode it randomly goes into it. I had my phone just go 14 hours without any problems then went into recovery mode, previously i had it go an hour and a half and like 2 other times for 20 minutes. If i set this up as a new phone would i not also lose all contacts and pictures?

6. jimmy575 macrumors member

7. IMxRANDALICIOUS, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i put it on icloud? what if i used an even older backup?Also you say transfer them to computer? i dont understand they already are on my computer

EDIT: 500+ Views and 2 people have happily tried helping. Sad statistic.

8. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

10. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

11. jimmy575 macrumors member

On your phone go to settings > icloud. turn on contacts and whatever else you want to save

verify this information is saved at icloud.com

restore as new

sign into icloud, turn on the switches again, get information back, ????, profit

----------

Import the pictures using the article I linked, it will put the actual pictures on the computer

12. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I told you two things that would fix it. You've so far done neither. I'm not at a loss here as my iPhone doesn't do this.

13. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

Tiny umbrella did nothing and I now receive an error message 21 while attempting to restore. Im so glad you think you are up to date on my situation.

14. jimmy575 macrumors member

Stop arguing, let's fix this damn phone.

Error 21: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

These errors typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues(http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3125) to resolve this issue. In rare cases, these errors may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

Disable or uninstall your security software or try again on another computer. If the issue persists then your phone has a hardware issue and needs service.

Better yet, try at an apple store, and that will give you your answer right there.

15. IMxRANDALICIOUS thread starter macrumors newbie

I was at an apple store a week ago and they wouldn't bother to look at it and said it was junk. Few days later i was able to have the phone fully operational for 12 hours and it put itself back into recovery