iPhone 4 lagging a lot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ccapman670, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ccapman670 macrumors regular

I jailbroke my 4 and I guess I went overboard with new ****. My phone lags a ton, delays between pages, when I open texts it shows white blank inbox for a while before loading them, freezes as I type etc. My two biggest tweaks are Dreamboard (but I'm not running the other theme I just have dreamboard downloaded) and IntelliscreenX with messages plus. I don't mind removing one. Does anyone have any clue which one of those uses more cpu? Does having dreamboard and a theme downloaded affect the speed of my phone even if I'm not using said theme?

Thanks!!

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure the culprit is Dreamboard. That WILL use a lot of RAM.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try installing a system status manager, it will tell you which processes are running in the background.

4. ccapman670 thread starter macrumors regular

Will it even if I'm not using it? I have Dreamboard installed and I bought and downloaded a theme but I'm not even using Dreamboard or any themes and it's still running slow.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

it might be running in the background using resources

6. ccapman670 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks is there a good manager you recommend getting?

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I don't have Dreamboard, but i do have IntelliscreenX with Messages+ enabled on my iPhone 4, and I don't have any lag issues. So, if you are thinking of removing one of the two, I'd remove Dreamboard.

8. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I have a few tweaks, and I have Winterboard + a theme enabled. No noticable lag for me. As stated, I'd uninstall Dreamboard.

You need to resolve this lag issue, but once you have, you can install FakeClockUp to speed up the animations and make your phone feel faster.

9. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure about Dreamboard, but Winterboard, which is essentially the same thing, causes severe extremely noticeable speed reduction, ram reduction, and uses a nice bit of processing power. If it is anything similar, it could be that, same with intelliscreen.

And you say you aren't using any themes, why not remove it and test?

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Agreed. This was the culprit for me when I was lagging.

11. ccapman670 thread starter macrumors regular

I was hesistant because I had that Lion OSX Ultimatum theme I bought and installed and I didn't use it much but I liked to switch to it every now and then. I ended up deleting it and now my phone isn't lagging so thanks guys!!

12. stephen1108 macrumors 65816