iPhone 4 Laggy typing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mastamuffin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Mastamuffin macrumors member

All of a sudden for about 2 days now, whenever im inputting text in the form of anything like a text message, in the browser, etc.. the typing seems to be quite laggy. Anyone know what might cause this? and more importantly how to fix it?

Example. Ill type a sentence fast (i have the typing noise on) and it will sound like this "tick tick tick tickticktick tick tick" like its trying to keep up with my typing (and im not even fast!)

2. Mastamuffin thread starter macrumors member

Alright i found out why.

The cause...the zoom feature under the "accessibility" feature.

I was trying to remember what i did a few nights ago playing with my phone when i noticed the laggy text input and this was it. I just turned it off and its back for speedy typing. For those who dont know its the feature that allows u to zoom in on pages such as the settings page, texts pages, etc..

3. mBox macrumors 68020

ive had my iP4 for a bit now and still find the typing to suck :p
    Im not sure what it is and Ive tried everything.
    I might have to take this phone off-line and bring my 3G back (service) just so I know its not me.
    Ive had my 3G for 3 years and never had this much problem with the typing.
    So far its been texting and battery issues that this phone has been doggin me :p