iPhone 4 launch all over again?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

We're two days away from the next-generation iPhone being announced, about 7 days until pre-ordering is opened up, and so far Apple hasn't given case-makers ANY specifications on the new iPhone.

If we go back to 2010 for a minute, remember what happened with the iPhone 4? Apple didn't give them any info until the last minute, and we had a HUGE case shortage at launch.

Are we seriously going to do it again?

I'll let my new iPhone rot in the cellophane-wrapped box until we have sufficient case supply.

Just my $0.02.

Open for discussion.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

What proof do you have to make such a statement? The header at the top of the page that keeps flashing a case for the i5 disagrees with your thread. You will have plenty of case choices the day the i5 drops. Maybe not the case you now use, but you will have choices all the same.

3. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Worried about protecting your phone?

1) Don't buy it...if there is a shortage as you predict, why not wait until cases are available? Chances are by the time that more cases are available, the new iPhone will be in stock and caught up with demand. You make it sound like there will be no cases in the world.

2) Apple is sure to have their fair share of cases or bumpers or whatever they'll be introducing. It's protection and still a case, even if it doesn't do much.

I don't see what the problem is.

If you're going to let your new iPhone rot in the box, why not let someone else be able to purchase it and just hold off on when cases come out...lol.

And honestly, no good cases ever come out right at launch.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....