iPhone 4 leaking light from the top sides.?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bosep, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Bosep macrumors regular

Hi, I just got my iPhone 4 and I have a question, there's no obvious problem when I look at the screen from the front. But when I look at it from the sides it "leakes" some light from the sides. Not really a big deal but I wonder, is this because the screen and the glass is not fullt "glued" together at the top?

I have a pictuuure.

[​IMG]

The "lightleak" only exists on the top on both sides and not further down on the sides... thats why I wonder if it's a screen that's not fully attached to the glass or what's the reason?

2. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Get it exchanged, it should not have a blue hue at the top.

3. SpaceMac macrumors newbie

I think the blue hue is just on the wallpaper.

I have that light leak on a three day old phone, it doesn't bother me really.

You should exchange it you're not happy with it, after all it is a defect in manufacturing, I may consider exchanging mine after the weekend if it plays on my mind too much. lol

4. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

The blue hue at the top is part of the wallpaper.

My replacement iPhone (received from Apple Care 3 days ago) has the same "problem". I can't decide if I want to replace it or not, it only bothers me sometimes (though the darker 3-4mm at the top of the screen bothers me more but that will be harder show). I have something else that bugs me but I'm waiting to see if that is the glue needing to dry (though given the phone is week 38 that seems unlikely)

I'm weary of getting a worse screen and I'm not up for multiple swaps as I end up hating the phone. My iPhone 4 experience thus far has been underwhelming :(

5. madKIR macrumors 6502

I know exactly how you feel! I'm on my fourth iPhone 4. I'm frustrated with the whole experience, I'm so tired of swapping the phone. I've decided to stick with the current one, even though it's not perfect. The top of the screen is dimmer, but, as I've said above, I just don't care anymore. I know that if I swap it, I'll end up with a worse problem. No, thanks. I wish I couldn't have upgraded from my 3GS...

6. spikefood macrumors regular

That's such a small problem I can barely see it. I'd suggest just using your phone, since you look at it straight on then why would it matter what happens at an angle you never use? :confused:

7. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

Ah but you do see it in normal usage (at least i do) as two bright points in the top left and top right corners; particularly if you have the brightness down low. Also as it's at the top it's directly in my line of sight in certain use cases (like sitting in bed, on the sofa)