iPhone 4 Leather Back Skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SR Steve, Mar 4, 2011.

1. SR Steve macrumors member

Has anyone had any luck finding an inexpensive one that fits properly and has no flash issues?

The SGP Cube I have is cut too small and creates problems when used with the flash... :mad:

2. essdee macrumors member

I currently have the one slick wraps has to offer and I have to say that I really love it. I posted a review on it somewhere around these forums. The nice thing is it's real leather, but that means it's a little higher priced than most ($25) but there is a 20% off coupon.

3. Hanwei macrumors member

I have the Black Leather Skin Guard from SGP. It's basically a vinyl sticker with a leather pattern that covers the back of the phone... with cutouts for the camera/flash and Apple logo. I love it. It's classy... and there's no flash issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also use the SENA Ultra Slim case. And the leather back doesn't get in the way at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SR Steve thread starter macrumors member

That looks nothing like the POS I received from Cretouch... :confused:

The opening for the flash is much larger and it actually looks like it is cut to the correct size... :eek:

A properly-cut piece of vinyl like that should be available on eBay for no more than $5. Anyone come across one yet?

5. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

**************.com has real leather back pieces.

6. SR Steve thread starter macrumors member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Babe, but I'm not a big fan of the ********************* pattern embossed on the back... ;)

7. tracid macrumors member

I got the Zagg Leatherskins

http://www.zagg.com/leatherskins/iphone4.php#black-plain

I used to have the SGP leather skin but I really disliked it. The Zagg feels more like genuine leather and there's no camera issue at all. Overtime, however, the leather tends to be pressed so it doesn't feel as spongey as when you first got it. I'm happy with it overall :cool:

8. Hanwei macrumors member

Those look nice! I opted for the SGP since it was thinner and wouldn't make the overall package too thick to fit into the Sena Ultra Thin pouch. If I didn't use the pouch though, that'd be a nice option.

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

10. Mac-Maine, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

Mac-Maine macrumors member

11. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I can't tell from the pictures - is the apple logo a cutout or just printed on the leather skins?

12. ann713 macrumors 6502a

In my experiences they are cut-outs. To keep your logo flawless, use a screen shield underneath.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

My SGP leather back stayed on for a long time with almost no wear, until when the phone got doused with water, and then got replaced. I might get another one of those.