Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Looks a nice option.

Im not sure if the pull strap on the proporta by be the better option. Im wondering how easy it is to get the phone out without one. To easy it will fall out to hard risks missing calls or dropping it while messing about.

vnle

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
Maryland
I had the Sena ultraslim case and ended up getting their other case (the Elega) because it was REALLY thin and it wouldn't hold the iphone well after a while. If you turn the case upside down, the iphone will start slipping out. :eek: When I say thin, I mean REALLY REALLY thin - it'll protect your phone from scuff marks but that's really it. :mad: Doesn't provide any padding whatsoever. At least the Elega had better padding and it still maintained the small profile. <3

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
I had the Sena ultraslim case and ended up getting their other case (the Elega) because it was REALLY thin and it wouldn't hold the iphone well after a while. If you turn the case upside down, the iphone will start slipping out. :eek: When I say thin, I mean REALLY REALLY thin - it'll protect your phone from scuff marks but that's really it. :mad: Doesn't provide any padding whatsoever. At least the Elega had better padding and it still maintained the small profile. <3

I have a sena ultraslim - it is thin - as well...thats the model it is - they have thicker version if you like. It does what it is supposed to - mine certainly does not fall out of the case- it is very snug - if you want a leather slip the ultraslim is a great minimalist option.

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
While I agree it has a brilliantly slim profile (product name says 'HI!'), I can't corroborate the slipping claims. My case has softened up nicely, but the phone certainly doesn't slide out unless I push it out.

I'm a huge fan simply because it fits what I was looking for: keeping the slim profile of the phone while protecting it from anything which might be loitering around in my pocket or bag.

Edit:
I have a sena ultraslim - it is thin - as well...thats the model it is - they have thicker version if you like. It does what it is supposed to - mine certainly does not fall out of the case- it is very snug - if you want a leather slip the ultraslim is a great minimalist option.
Ditto to this.

CBX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2007
How are you finding getting the phone out of the Sena case? I like the case but as I said, I like the idea of the pull strap to get the phone out.

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
How are you finding getting the phone out of the Sena case? I like the case but as I said, I like the idea of the pull strap to get the phone out.
Sena suggests holding the sides while pushing up from the bottom. When the phone is out to about the volume buttons, you can pull it out easily.

For the first few days or so it's a bit tight, but as the case softens up the phone is much easier to remove (and put back in!). It starts off so tight so that even when the leather softens, the phone won't go sliding out without you wanting it to.

Edit: If you're ordering direct from Sena, this 20% discount might be of help. I don't know if it's still valid, but no harm in trying: PCWIPNK11

CBX

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Edit: If you're ordering direct from Sena, this 20% discount might be of help. I don't know if it's still valid, but no harm in trying: PCWIPNK11

Nice one! Thanks.

By the way. Do you have to pay any taxes on top of the shipping costs to get it to the UK?

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Nice one! Thanks.

By the way. Do you have to pay any taxes on top of the shipping costs to get it to the UK?
I didn't have to pay anything else after that initial transaction. I was worried there would be some form of import tax, but when FedEx turned up they only wanted a signature.

Hope you're happy when it arrives!

dadot959

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
Sena Arbyle Case??????

Can the Sena Arbyle Case fit a Samsung Vibrant??????? If NOT what would be similar slip case that i can purchase and customize with my name on it that would fit my Vibe?? PLEASE HELP GOOGLE DIDNT HAVE THE ANSWERS I HOPE MY MAC PEOPLE DO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.