iPhone 4 LED light flicker, eligible for replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by striker33, Mar 7, 2011.

1. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Basically, I dropped my 6 month old iphone from roughly 2ft onto a carpet for only the second time since ive owned it, the first time being with a case on.

Since it happened this morning, ive noticed the LED light flickers uncontrollably, and it seems to be deteriorating fast.

Question is, do I have grounds to take it to an Apple store for a repair/replacement under warranty due to shoddy Apple design? My father has dropped his onto concrete multiple times, albeit with an invisible shield on, which wont absorb impacts, yet his phone is unscathed.

Ive uploaded a vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQJb6gLw40

Just imagine that, but with twice the intensity (as the camera fails to pick up the speed)

2. patp Guest

Yes. Do not tell them you dropped it. Just tell them it started acting this way. Be polite, cool and courteous.

Tell em you love apple and just need your phone to not do this anymore. How can they help?

Chances are they will replace or repair for you. Be cool! Don't be a dick and you'll be amazed what can happen.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sooo, you dropped your phone, it is now broken, and it is all Apples fault "due to shoddy design". Yeah right!:rolleyes:

4. striker33 thread starter macrumors 65816

striker33

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yeah... A loose internal is so bad compared to the thousands who get new iPhones for breaking the glass panels?

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So lie....but be nice while your ripping them off?