iPhone 4 Leica skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Focaldesign, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Focaldesign, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011

Focaldesign macrumors newbie

Dear all,

After seeing the Flickr set of Joey Celis and the PetaPixel rangefinder skin, I wanted to try this also for my iPhone 4.

Using high res images of a Leica M8 black edition I altered the positioning of the viewfinder and lens to fit the iPhone dimensions.

[​IMG]

The black one only has the front of the Leica (back of my phone) since the back of the Leica (front of my iPhone) is mostly just black. This version I ordered throug Gelaskins.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

After I noticed Gelaskins also let you design a skin for the front of your iPhone (skin + matching wallpaper) I decided to make a silver version also. The problem I encountered was the fact that the M8 (or M9 for that mather) are digital and I couldn't position the buttons and screen the way I wanted it. Therefor I made a fictional analog backside of the Leica which looks much better on an iPhone front.
    This version I haven't ordered yet.

[​IMG]

When I saw the set of Joey Celis I found it a pitty he didn't provide the original files so others could use it. I am more then happy to share my black and silver files for everyone who wants to try it also.

UPDATE:
    I've uploaded the jpeg's of both the black and silver version to Freakshare for you guys to download!

Regards,
    Stefaan

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

cool skin seen a few different ones but not that one.

3. yourfriendjames macrumors newbie

These are awesome! If it is okay with you, how can I get the files to make one through Gelaskin?

4. Focaldesign thread starter macrumors newbie

When I saw the set of Joey Celis I found it a pitty he didn't provide the original files so others could use it. I am more then happy to share my black and silver files for everyone who wants to try it also.
    The only problem is that my hosting is small and can't afford massive bandwith traffic. Placing it on Flickr to download probably is against their terms of agreement and file sharing websites only hold it available for a certain amount of days.

Do you guys have any idea where I can host those 3 files for free for an unlimited time and also see how many times it was downloaded?

5. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

I would love to have a copy of the Black Leica files!
    It looks awesome.
    @OP Have you tried hotfile and megaupload etc?
    I don't think they are unlimited free hosting, I'm not sure as I have not done any uploading myself.

But I guess you could maybe put it up there and some one who has access to hosting can help you put up a mirror?

Thanks for creating the thread :D

6. scooterguitar macrumors regular

Looks awesome!

Any clue how long a custom order takes to complete, less ship time?

7. Focaldesign thread starter macrumors newbie

The black one took 22 business days from notification it was being shipped til arrival at Belgium.

8. Focaldesign, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Focaldesign thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, rapidshare and megaupload (free version) delete the file afterthe file hasn't been downloaded for a certain amount of time. Also I doesn't seem to come with a form of keeping track how many times it was downloaded and for that I'm actually curious :)

9. Focaldesign thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:
    I've uploaded the jpeg's of both the black and silver version to Freakshare for you guys to download!

10. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

Definatly oredering the silver skin,Thanks for posting.I have his flickr stream of these saved on my safari tabs since i have been looking for one for quite awhile now,Thank you :apple: