iPhone 4 lens like Glasses?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seanuhthin, Aug 15, 2010.

1. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

I remember going to Sunglass hut to purchase some aviators, and the person helping me out told me only to use the cloth that came with the glasses to clean them... The reason being because any clothing that has gone through the washer (even if dried) contains cleaning chemicals and what not... Well, those glasses had glass for the lenses rather than the plastic found in the 13 dollar pairs, and I wonder, could this be assumed to be the same case with the iPhone 4 as the screen is glass of a type?
    I'm sorry to go all ocd on what should be just a phone, but I have a thing about keeping my stuff in mint condition, especially stuff that sets me back 200 out of my paycheck. Do you think I should be using the same lens cleaner as the Ray Bans? I was told any clothing and such would cause long term scratching if used as a cloth.

Sorry once again, but I fail to understand the difference between microfiber, and whatever clothes are.

2. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Microfiber is very soft and grabs dirt and dust really fast leaving the glass clean with no scratches. Other materials then microfiber dont clean as well or not at all(just move around the dirt on the surface) and may leave scratching cause theyre harsher.

3. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

So what do you advise? If Microfiber picks up dust, is it still reusable? How do you clean yours?

4. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

I use a microfiber 24/7, for my glasses to my iphone, to my computer screen. Its the same cloth for all of them, It picks up dust but doesnt let it go. I clean my cloth every i say 3 months :cool:

5. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

Cool... Is there a good chance the one I am using is microfiber? It came with muh Ray bans...:D

6. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Pretty high chance, how much were they?

7. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

8. blairbeckwith macrumors regular

The cloth that came with my Ray-Ban Wayfarer's that I bought from Sunglass Hut a couple weeks ago is microfiber. Is it the grey cloth with the red/white Ray-Ban logo?

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Pro tip :)p) before cleaning the glass.

Give the cloth a good shake, just in case there is some grit on it.

10. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Yeah I think all Ray-Ban's come with Microfiber cloth, pretty much all glasses due. just depends on the quality of the cloth. Ray-Ban would probably have high-quality Microfiber cloths