iPhone 4 Lock Key Rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deraj090, May 5, 2011.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

My iphone 4 lock/unlock key rattles. For example, I can hear it when i tap the top of the LCD screen. Should I be worried? Will Apple fix this? Replace the entire phone?

I'm still within warranty until October 2011. However, I purcahsed the phone used -- will Apple still honor that warranty?

Thanks!
    Jared

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

That sounds about normal. Nothing to worry about. The warranty is based on the serial number of the phone and not the owner. :)

3. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks!

I'm also showing not-so-hot battery life, so if I don't see that improve, I may bring it in to see what they can do. Not going to just worry about the lock key rattle, though.

Thanks!

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

My on button rattles a bit. I just got this as a warranty replacement several days ago. I would not worry about it.

5. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

So it seems its just a characteristic of the phone. Fair enough. I hope my battery life increases! 48% by 11am! :(

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm pretty sure every iPhone 4 has that rattle. Mine does, all my friends and coworkers with iPhones do as well.

7. Hippoone macrumors newbie

Some of my friends does and some doesn't... Has yours had any problem since your posted?