iPhone 4 lock screen slider freezing and crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by csushockey26, Nov 25, 2011.

1. csushockey26 macrumors newbie

I recently updated my iPhone 4 to the new iOS 5 and it was working great. Just yesterday it started freezing when I would move the slider to the right to unlock it. So far all it does is stay like that for several minutes and then crashes. I've just been restarting it in order to get my phone working again.

Any ideas on what the problem might be and what I can do to fix it?

2. vtboyarc macrumors 6502

vtboyarc

I'm having the same problem!

3. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

This is happening to me as well. At least once every three times I try to slide and wake my phone up, so it's extremely frustrating. Ive experimented a bit and discovered that it has to do with the pass code lock. Every internal setting that requires the lock to be entered freezes up as well, even just trying to turn off the lock altogether. Even resetting settings freezes the settings app in a similar manner. Restoring and disabling the lock before it starts causing problems seems to be the only way to fix it, I will try and post my results once I get back home.

4. iNYCbets macrumors newbie

MattGTO - i'm having the same problem as you, however, my phone freezes when I try to disable the password in settings. Were you able to find any solution?