Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shmuelpe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
year ago i bought iphone 4 in chicago apple store
i didnot have any choice, and i didnot know the implication of locked to at&t.
as i do not live in the states.
i was trying whatever i could to contact at&t and apple
in order to unlock it.
but i felt like in ping pong game
i am so dissapointed from the service.
anyway
i bought turbo sim, and its working.
but its a crippled machine.
how can i unlock it ?
thank you

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
I'm in the same boat as you.

As per at&t policy for eligibility requirements for unlocking iPhone :

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532#fbid=TJbFQwIs5Rk

In addition, AT&T will unlock an iPhone for: (i) an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification; and (ii) a person who purchased the iPhone from an authorized location at the "no commitment" price and can provide proof of purchase.

Just call them and specified them the 2nd part (in bold) but they still would not accept to unlock it. They asked me to find an at&t customer on some forums.

Don't know what to do :mad:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I'm in the same boat as you.

As per at&t policy for eligibility requirements for unlocking iPhone :

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532#fbid=TJbFQwIs5Rk

In addition, AT&T will unlock an iPhone for: (i) an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification; and (ii) a person who purchased the iPhone from an authorized location at the "no commitment" price and can provide proof of purchase.

Just call them and specified them the 2nd part (in bold) but they still would not accept to unlock it. They asked me to find an at&t customer on some forums.

Don't know what to do :mad:

Call again, the unlocked my IP4 which i bought with the no commitment price. You'll need the original sales receipt.

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
Call again, the unlocked my IP4 which i bought with the no commitment price. You'll need the original sales receipt.

Have tried a number of times. I also have the original sales receipt. :(

Are you in the US and an at&t client?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.