iPhone 4 lost all calendar events after update to 4.3.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ideal.dreams, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ideal.dreams, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Hey guys,

I upgraded my mom's iPhone 4 to 4.3.2 the other night. Everything went smoothly...minus the fact that she lost all of her contact entries. I did a backup on the phone and made sure it was good before upgrading the phone. Everything BUT her calendar transferred over. Searching Google, I've found numerous programs that allow you to view data from an iPhone backup, but they don't let you extract it without buying the program. I'm not going to blow 20 bucks for something that shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

I am very disappointed in Apple. I called their support and the only help they even offered was to restore the iPhone. I did this, and when it *didn't* work, they cut me loose. If a third party program can read the calendar events, why the HELL can't iTunes? This whole situation is ridiculous.

If anyone knows a program that will let me do this for FREE, or know some other magical way to get these godforsaken events from the backup, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Bump...

It is vital that I get these events back, someone on here must know a way I can extract the data from the backup without paying for software, or even better yet, tell me why iTunes didn't transfer it over in the first place.