iphone 4 loud speaker blown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyRomeo, May 29, 2011.

1. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Help!

The bottom speaker on my iphone has blown... NO not the mic :rolleyes:

I noticed last night that the volume is very low even when turned up to 100% and the sound is crackily, distorted if you like. typical of a blown speaker.

I've just restored the phone in itunes to see if it was a software issue but its still the same.

My concern is that i've polished the metal edges so be it a whilst ago and it was working fine. Will apple be bothered by that?

Looks like this will be my third ip4 coming up, first one the home button packed in on and now this? Not good :(

Has anyone else had this issue? Anything else I can try to resolve it without a genius visit?

Cheers

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Just take it in, worst thing they can do is say no.

3. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Take it in and see what they say. Even if they say the warranty is no good they would probably still be willing to swap it for $199.

4. MyRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

well i'm back home with a 'new' iphone, the guy in the store didnt even comment on the shiny edge, just took the phone out back, 'reseated the connections' and said that didn't help so give me a new handset.

yep i know its a refurb, 5K handset, as was the last one. this is my third one!

so, do I polish this one up too? it looked so much better IMO!

5. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I would wait to polish it until you have it for a few days to make sure it works ok, no point in wasting time if you might have to return it again.

6. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I'm Polish, and I agree that Polishing stuff makes it look better! ;)

7. AmereckanPsycho macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you have a link to a picture showing it polished? If so, I would like to see it.

8. MyRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't but if you search this site there's a DIY guide with pictures :)

9. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah, its a $4.50 part, id go spend $199 at the Apple store :rolleyes: Of course it says you have to buy 5. At the very least id look around somemore or buy those and have an extra and sell the rest.

http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OEM-Apple-iPhone-4-Loud-Speaker-p/appl8003310.htm

Not sure how you can blow the loud speaker anyways since it isnt very loud.

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

lol