Iphone 4 making medal taste in mouth?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UK4Life, Jun 28, 2010.

1. UK4Life macrumors newbie

I know this sounds like I weird title, but please give me a chance to explain. I have recently received my iphone 4 and love it, but there is a slight problem. I have a crown over one of my tooth's and for some reason when I touch the metal part of the phone (antenna), either holding in my hand, or gripping the side I get a awful taste in my mouth and my head hurts. I know your thinking this is stupid, but I wouldn't make this up.
    Would a rubber case stop this from happening?

thanks

2. jalpert macrumors 6502

Gold medal or silver medal? I'll assume it doesn't taste like bronze, it is an iPhone after all.

3. schulzmc macrumors regular

LOL - you beat me to it...

4. UK4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

He's English, wouldn't know much about ANY kind of medal...
    :D

Metal filling is probably doing something interferey with the antenna. Hey, at least you'll be able to taste a call coming in... You could go to fairs and pretend to be psychic!!!

6. UK4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm not English! I attended the University of Kentucky for undergrad and now medical school and a huge UK basketball fan!

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ooops, sorry!! Saw the UK and just assumed.

9. UK4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

It's cool! It's kind of misleading. Will the case help?

10. aequitas1234 macrumors member

All medal jokes aside (that was my first reaction), are you letting your phone touch your TEETH while talking?! Or is it just the closeness of the phone that is causing it?

Either way, as a med student, you know lots about chemistry, so the reasons for this should be obvious.

11. army91c macrumors 6502a

You say you're going to medical school yet you come to a rumor forum to ask people about your phone/filling issue...... ffs please find another line of work. I've been a nurse going on 12 years and it sounds like you don't really have what it takes. Good luck.

I don't think this is stupid but the word stupid did come into my mind in some capacity.;)

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The OP said he is just holding it in his hand. I kinda find it hard to believe but this would not be impossible! Direct contact with an RF signal has done some weird things!

13. NevadaJack macrumors 6502

No, but a "rubber room" may solve this problem...!

14. gordian macrumors member

15. UK4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

SO cause I don't know much about the antenna of my phone (since it's a new phone) and I came here nicely to ask people who are more fimialar with these phones, I'm not going to be a good doctor?? Well that's your opinion, but if you talk like that I feel horrible for the patients you see everyday, but good luck

16. Hmac macrumors 68020

Bingo!

17. ajax43 macrumors regular

Now, now, what have we always been told about assuming...?

18. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Ignore him/her, just another bitter MacRumors member having a case of the mondays.

19. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

UK basketball FTW!
    I'm gonna miss John Wall. ;D

20. UK4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know me too! That last class was the best! Guess I'll be watching more nba with all of players leaving

21. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Well, it's a legit concern. You realize that there are heavy science prerequisites for even applying to med school and chemistry is tested heavily on the MCAT.

I mean, if he doesn't realize that metals react with one another, it's unlikely that he's actually in med school. Not that lying about one's profession is relevant to iphones in general. But at the same time, like the saying goes:,"like the thirteenth chime of a clock, not only is it wrong in itself, but it casts doubt on all that came before it." Him lying about going to med school (which no one could care less either way what his profession is) makes me doubt the veracity of the original post.

22. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

That's really nice of everyone here to basically call him crazy and not help. There are times that you don't need to post if you don't have anything to offer.

I have heard of RF signals doing weird stuff with fillings. It is quite possible that there is some sort of connection. Not knowing much about it though my only suggestion would be to maybe try a blue tooth headset and see if that's any better. I doubt a case will do much since it does not have direct contact with your tooth anyway..

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Med students don't get that much training in the basic sciences. It's usually a Ph.D. that teaches those courses in their first year.

24. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Then don't answer. I highly doubt a situation like this is on the MCAT. And who cares if it is? I could probably go to my doctor and ask him about my cell phone causing metal tastes in my mouth and he wouldn't have a good answer for me either. Everyone needs help from other people every now and then, not everyone knows everything like you apparently do.

25. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a