iPhone 4 metal 'red' housings (pics included)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ubuntu, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Greetings all,

I purchased this from ebay (there are many out there from various sellers) and thought you'd appreciate some photos. Its actually more pink than red (much to the delight of my girlfriend who now has a good reason to trade my iPhone 4 for her 3G:eek:) but they are going to send me a green one for free.

The third pic is how it would have looked ideally, the first two pics are alot closer to the true colour in most forms of lighting.
    Colour aside I do like the housing, although the white edging is a bit lame.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I also thought I'd include this, it was really odd. I've never been to/contacted White City apple store, and they sent me this random email regarding an iPhone repair. I called them up just to make sure because I was worried that they probably hadn't sent the email to the right person, but the reference number brought up nothing. The apple guy was well and truly confused, as was I.

[​IMG]

2. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

thats not a housing, that's a backplate.

housing would be like a red metal antenna band

3. SL4VE macrumors 6502

my mrs would love that... tbh it looks good apart from the white bit which makes it look cheap and inferior... does it affect the pic/vid quality as many people assume so

4. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Well, no its the housing as its the brackets too, its the entire back casing/housing. The backplate is the plate itself without the brackets, yes, but this includes the brackets.

It did at first affect the flash as there is no proper diffuser (there is actually one but its very weak) but I've tried to take photos to show and I can't get it again. I'm sure the issue hasn't randomly fixed itself, it would often give a blue smudge/tint on the photos which was really annoying. But frankly I don't go out much at night and the main reason I got this was because I didn't want to get the normal housing scratched up lots.
    No issues with the video/camera otherwise.

5. CZK, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  6. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

7. iPhonefour4 macrumors newbie

Nice

Looks good, anything to stand out over the normal iphone 4 is fun.
    :D

I'm thinking of going the full white iphone 4 kit front and back, a little spendy but worth it to stand out.

8. CZK, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Know what would stand out A LOT ? I mean this would really stand out... A LOT

Take some crazy glue and stick TEH IPHONE right on your chest. Repeat this process when the skin fall off to keep standing out.... A LOT .

ENJOY !
    ________
    Honda Nss250

9. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Sorry to be technical, but you're using the words incorrectly. The two are very different things.

Housing usually refers to the part/parts that house the phone components ( like holds them)

vs a Backplate ( like a battery plate, it doesn't hold anything)

[​IMG]

IF you want a really clear example compare the old Macbook Pro bottom housing ( which holds components)

[​IMG]

Vs the new unibody Macbook Pro bottom panel ( which doesn't hold anything)
    [​IMG]