Iphone 4 Mic sounds muffled while recording?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xplict91, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Xplict91 macrumors member

Recently I noticed my iphone's audio sounds muffled when i record videos without having any fingers on the microphone hole, but when I make a call and hear on the other line it sounds crystal clear any clue to whats going on?

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I have this problem...the mic won't work on speaker phone either...but I can record voice memos no problem...

A few threads on the support forums...I'm going to get it exchanged this weekend at the APPL store...I use the camera app to record lots of videos...

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1145&start=0

-J.-

3. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Update to my 'problem'...:eek::eek::eek:

I had an invisible shield installed on the phone's bezel...and yes it covers that small microphone hole near the headphone...I removed it...now I have no problems with audio with video recording in the Cam app or speakerphone...in my defense the sequence of events was 1) get replacement iphone at apple store, test functions (all worked), 2) go to Best Buy install shield 3) update to 4.1 (phone came with 4.0), test functions, sound didn't "work"...so I assumed it was the software...

Yes even IT 'experts' can have these types of issues lol...

-J.-

4. ThatGuyEric macrumors newbie

Invisible shield was the issue

Thanks for the tip theITGuy! I would have never thought that was the issue, but after I removed the shield from that section of the phone, it worked perfectly.