Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xplict91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Recently I noticed my iphone's audio sounds muffled when i record videos without having any fingers on the microphone hole, but when I make a call and hear on the other line it sounds crystal clear any clue to whats going on?

theITGuy

macrumors 6502a
Update to my 'problem'...:eek::eek::eek:

I had an invisible shield installed on the phone's bezel...and yes it covers that small microphone hole near the headphone...I removed it...now I have no problems with audio with video recording in the Cam app or speakerphone...in my defense the sequence of events was 1) get replacement iphone at apple store, test functions (all worked), 2) go to Best Buy install shield 3) update to 4.1 (phone came with 4.0), test functions, sound didn't "work"...so I assumed it was the software...

Yes even IT 'experts' can have these types of issues lol...

-J.-

ThatGuyEric

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012
Invisible shield was the issue

Thanks for the tip theITGuy! I would have never thought that was the issue, but after I removed the shield from that section of the phone, it worked perfectly.

Update to my 'problem'...:eek::eek::eek:

I had an invisible shield installed on the phone's bezel...and yes it covers that small microphone hole near the headphone...I removed it...now I have no problems with audio with video recording in the Cam app or speakerphone...in my defense the sequence of events was 1) get replacement iphone at apple store, test functions (all worked), 2) go to Best Buy install shield 3) update to 4.1 (phone came with 4.0), test functions, sound didn't "work"...so I assumed it was the software...

Yes even IT 'experts' can have these types of issues lol...

-J.-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.