iPhone 4 Micro sim number swap question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jak92492, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jak92492 macrumors newbie

Today, I pre ordered an iPhone 4 on my dads upgrade. I used his phone number because I am not upgradable. How will it work when I go to pick the iPhone up on June 24th. They will give me a Microsim with his number, but I need one for mine. Does anyone know how this will work?

2. arykmax macrumors regular

You will probably have to buy a second microsim for around $25.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You bring it into the store and they change the microsim i hear.

6. jak92492 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!!

Here is the answer for anyone with the same question--

3. UPGRADE SWAP - Can I use someone else's upgrade? Yes, this is called an "upgrade swap". If you perform this in an AT&T store, they will handle it all for you. Apple should be able to as well, but they will need to contact AT&T during the process.

If you prefer to order online, place your order for the phone using the line(s) that has an available upgrade. If this line currently has no data plan, you may need to add a data plan (just choose the cheapest as you will be removing it later.) Once the phone(s) arrive contact AT&T to let them know that you will be activating the phone(s) on another line (performing an "upgrade swap"). (If you had to add a data plan, have them remove it at this time as well.) Once AT&T has reassociated the SIM with the correct line, connect the phone to iTunes to complete the activation. DONE!

This process does not affect your unlimited data plan.

7. arykmax macrumors regular

I've heard that the process is different this time around and they actually have to activate the iPhone on the line you are using the upgrade on and then switch the equipment after the activation. This would makethe original microsim unusable and you would have to get a second one to complete the switch.

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

**** what you heard, its what you're hearing.

9. arykmax macrumors regular