iPhone 4 micro sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisguy47, Jul 11, 2010.

1. thisguy47 macrumors newbie

I used another family member's upgrade to get my iPhone 4. I'm wondering if I can activate it with my number out of the box or if i will need to get a new micro sim from an att store before i can activate.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to cut your sim to a microsim size or go to an AT&T store to transfer your info from the regular to a microsim.

3. thisguy47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will this cost me anything?

4. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

i bought an iphone for my wife under my account and activated it just by calling att. you call them and give them the imei and ccid number and they can activate without you going to an att store or getting a new microsim.....

5. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

AT&T calls this an Upgrade Swap. If you don't want to go to AT&T, make sure that you don't activate the Micro-SIM, as it can only be used once.

Yes but you will need to call Customer Care first as the IMEI of the iPhone 4 is parked on the line that it was ordered against. The Care rep will need to move the IMEI of the iPhone 4 to your line and may ask you for the ICCID of the Micro-SIM. Once all this is done you can use iTunes to activate the iPhone 4. If the other line's phone number still shows up in iTunes, the Care rep has not completed the move of the information.

Here is the official AT&T answer: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/iphone4upgradesupport.jsp

Dave

6. asr10 user macrumors regular

Thank you for the official ATT link!

7. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

+1