iPhone 4 - Microphone Failure / Crackling Audio

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harcosparky, Apr 9, 2012.

1. harcosparky macrumors 68020

More times than not when I make or accept a call the microphone is not working. At other times crackling can be heard in the earpiece and the person on the other end hears the crackling and broken up audio from me.

My son said he read somewhere of a short developing in the corner of the iPhone where the headphone connector/noise canceling mic is located. Something about a short in the noise canceling mic circuit shutting down both mics.

Anyone experience the problem as I have described, if so how was it repaired? ( other than getting a new phone )

Thanks

EDIT: Other then this audio problem the phone works fine.

2. flashyman macrumors member

I think Replacing Miro-phone will be the solution

3. Ty09 macrumors newbie

I have sum Wht of the same problem when plp call I can barely here them it's very low does any 1 knw how I can fix it with out go n 2 a store

4. Ty09 macrumors newbie

I need HELP every time some one calls me it's very very low I can barely hear them unless I put my phone on speaker how do I fix this without gettin a new phone or goin too a store PLEEEASE ANY 1HEEEELP ME