Iphone 4 microphone not working when speaker is on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by prudhvi007, Sep 27, 2011.

1. prudhvi007 macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone 4 front LCD screen replaced as it was broken. After the replacement, speaker and microphone are working fine individually but when I make a call and turn on the speaker the person on the other end cannot hear me. They can hear me if I turn off the speaker and talk normally.

Can someone help me fixing this?

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

3. osx86 macrumors newbie

osx86

Exact same problem. Restored twice so it's definitely a hardware problem. Can't swap out. Repair it is...

4. Montreal911 macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone 4 front LCD screen replaced. Since than, I've been having the same problem with the mic when speakerphone mode is on. Also i realized that no sound is recorded when I record a video using the camera.
    Can someone help me fixing this?

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

are you guys doing the repair yourself or at a shop? cause it sounds as if someone really didnt know what they were doing. I have had bad parts come in but never this issue so it sounds as if something wasnt put back together correctly.

6. Montreal911 macrumors newbie

Well I had mine replaced yesterday morning at a cell shop ! My friend replaced his iPhone screen at the same place last week and everything is work great !
    The only difference is that I got my screen replaced PLUS I asked the guy to fix the power/lock button , it has been broken for over 6 months ! Before yesterday everything was working perfectly !

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well he didnt do something correctly. take it back! because he had to remove your speaker to replace the power lock button cable