iPhone 4 might be a collectors item now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Jul 15, 2010.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

It might be unlikely Apple will do a recall, but if they do, it would mean lots of iPhone 4's will be going back.

The iPhone 4 "defective version" will go down in history as being one of the most publicized products in history. Also spawning catch phrases such as, "Your doing it wrong" and "Death Grip". The public will be referring back to the iPhone 4 in puns and jokes for years to come.

Would you keep your iPhone 4 to collect it if their is a recall?

2. rabmag macrumors member

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

lolwut

The phones are going to be identical minus a small internal change in the antenna band. Who would care to keep theirs?

4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

"You're doing it wrong" was around and widespread waaaaay before the iPhone 4 was out.

5. rabmag macrumors member

In addition, Darth Vader was using the death grip a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I will be keeping my phone no matter what happens. Mine is 10000000000% perfect.

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

That is Spock with the "Vulcan Death Grip" made known from Star Trek - The Enterprise Incident. It was actually made up and didn't exist to trick the Romulans to thinking Captain Kirk was dead.

Darth Vader had the "Choke Hold".

8. randomerratum macrumors 6502

Exactly- So just like rare Apple products (especially failed flagship products) today are worth more to collectors, in 30 years- having a "Launch iPhone 4" would be a pretty rare thing... it may not retain it's full purchase value, but more so then say, an iPhone 3GS or a (assuming successful) iPhone 5

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

A sealed launch day iPhone 4 would probably be worth something compared to one that's already been used..

10. rabmag macrumors member

ouch...it hurts to be owned that bad. :eek:

11. zed macrumors 6502

Easy there, I had a thread get sent to the wasteland for mentioning Lord Vader.

12. xtend macrumors regular

i guess he meant "you're holding it wrong" in combination with "sent from my white iPhone 4" :D

13. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

+1