iPhone 4 miserably slow wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Menel, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Menel Suspended

Menel

Friend and his wife just got new Verizon iPhone 4 8GB's. Both phones are only pulling 0.2 - 0.3 mbps speedtest.

My old ATT 16GB phone is pulling 5.

Brand new out of box, just connected, why do both new phones perform like crap?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Are you sure they're actually in the WiFi network? That sounds like a crappy 3G connection to me.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

This. Speeds seem really crappy for wifi

4. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

Yeah, both iPhone 4 variants use identical WiFi chips - the workhorse Broadcom BCM4329. Only the Antenna design differs, but in favor of the CDMA variant (adds antenna diversity - though may be heavily marginalized if at the edge of wifi reception to begin with).

5. Menel thread starter Suspended

Menel

Yes we know, thats the point of the thread :(
    WPA2 credentials entered, and wifi reception icon in top corner. Pretty sure they were on wifi.

6. cynics macrumors G4

Speed test will show I different icon for wifi vs 3G. Might help you verify which is being used.

I have fios and I thought there was an issue too until I used an android phone to verify they were both slow. On Comcast I get around 20mb down 5 up. Best I got on fios was 14 down and surprisingly 18 up but it's usually around 5 down.

7. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Mine's pulling 11Mb/s down and 2Mb/s up. I suspect there's bugger all wrong with your iPhone 4, and lots wrong with your router.

8. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Try restarting your router. Try accessing another Wifi hotspot. See if the results change.