iPhone 4 Missing Album Artwork

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jakerz, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Jakerz macrumors regular

No matter which way I sync my music to my iPhone, I can never get all of the album artwork to sync with it. Some albums have theirs while others don't. I have tried just transferring one song a time, all songs at one time and letting iTunes manage the syncing. I'm out of options...

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

The trick is, in iTunes you'll see the artwork for the album and you'll assume its on each and every song for that album. But in fact its not really.

Find a song on your iPhone with artwork. Now go find that exact song in iTunes, right click on it and select Get Info. Now click on the artwork tab. I bet its empty. At this point the easy thing to do is merely find a song in the same album with artwork and copy it, then paste it into this exact song. Next time you sync it should be there like normal.

I've had this problem many times. You're not alone.

3. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but my entire music library has album artwork in the "Artwork" tab of "Get Info".

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Make sure you're looking at each and every song individually and NOT the albums. Thats where I made my mistake.
    Here's also a thread that might help you.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1728107?threadID=1728107

If that doesn't work, try this link out. It can help point you in a few directions that can help.
    http://tinyurl.com/3s34tth

5. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

Actually I had a similar issue too with music I recently purchased on iTunes and only happened after I loaded that music onto my iPhone. It seemed to just magicly start working fine yesterday.

I didn't do anything different than I normally do when loading music, just plugged in my ipod and pressed sync. I am running iTunes 10.5 beta so I just assumed it was a bug in the beta issue and didn't think much of it.

6. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

Mr. Clever with the ****** link. Maybe you should have asked if I had done a Google search myself because guess what...I DID! I searched Google and MacRumors before I made this thread. You were helpful at first but now you are just arrogant.

7. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

I looked at the links and they seemed helpfull to me. I don't think he was being clever just trying to be helpfull?

8. mms13 macrumors 6502

Weird things with album art happen to me a lot on my iPhone. Try rebooting your phone after a sync, that clears things up for me a lot of times

9. B18DelSolT macrumors newbie

Ya a lot happens to me with my podcasts. Most of them are fine but some wont load an image but yet in itunes they show up fine??? lol

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Arrogance has nothing to do with humor, you should behold before you judge.
    And also, I was pointing you in the direction so you could help yourself. But the fact that you refused to be self reliant tells me you merely wanted someone else to do the work for you and fix it for you.
    I'm not that person.

I did help you, and I helped you again. I am NOT your mother and I will not solve your issues for you. Thats what mommy is for.
    What I will do is give you assistance in helping you fix your own problem. This way in the future, you can solve your own problems and won't have to ask someone else.

Not only did I help you once, I even came back and gave you links. I searched for you. You merely said "help me". No sir, the arrogance is yours. :mad:

11. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I chose in my Itunes preferences to automatically get artwork when I connect to Itunes online.