iPhone 4 MMS issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shandyman, Jul 28, 2010.

1. shandyman Suspended

I had my iPhone 4 delivered today, got it up and running with apps installed, music, etc, can call and text ok, but can't send MMS or use internet via 3G or EDGE, so am thinking its down to the APN settings, but i can't look at those via settings menu.

is there a way to fix this? or is it just a natural thing that takes a few hours for Orange to flick the switch to allow me to do this? anyone know?

and please, no jailbreaking involved, not doing that.

thanks

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

perhaps your carrier has not activated your data plan? or you have cellular data turned off in settings? IDK

3. shandyman thread starter Suspended

well when i activated the phone through itunes, i got a text saying i have full internet access enabled on my plan, so would have thought that would mean i should be able to use the internet.... and i can't mess with the cellular data settings as Orange hid that menu, but mobile data is set to on. i've had the iPhone since it came out, so know most basic tricks.

its frustrating, am hoping a call to Orange when their offices open will sort it....

4. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Make sure 3G is enabled and in Messaging make sure MMS is on. Then RESTART your iPhone, MMS should appear. You can try taking out the sim and putting that back in.

5. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

For more help you should post in the "iPhone help" section

6. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

Call Orange, this happened to me with AT&T and they fixed it

7. shandyman thread starter Suspended

They were on the list of things I tried before I posted here for help. Is there anyone here on orange? If so did mms and Internet work straight away?

8. shandyman thread starter Suspended

tried calling orange, get stuck on hold then cut off! went intothe orange shop, they said i should get a carrier settings update at some point, thats useless!! whats the point of buying a phone when i have to wait a few days to use the full functions?? :mad:

9. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Hey, stuff happens. It wasn't intentional I'm sure.

10. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Carrier update? Were you able to MMS on your 3GS? This is something that we had to do last year when MMS was relased. Do you have 4.0.1 installed? Connect it to iTunes, or worst case do a restore, that may solve both your problems right there. Could be software, if not you may need a new phone.

11. shandyman thread starter Suspended

I started a new contract with orange, ordering the iPhone 4, i was previously on O2 with my 3G. i've treated the iphone 4 as totally new, no restoring from previous backup, did the activation and all that, then upgraded to 4.0.1, i had had a text from orange after activation that they updated my settings, i had to read the text, delete it and reset the phone, which i did, internet and MMS didn't work. so today i went into the shop, they said when i activated it should have said about a new carrier settings update, which i said i didn't have, they said it should pop up at some point today. i called orange about 9pm, as had not had it, they said restore, did this, no joy, called them back, they said they would send a text which should update settings, i would have to read, delete text and turn phone off and on and delete network settings, did that, again still no mms or internet. and their helpline closed at 10pm.

12. Matsuzyo macrumors newbie

I solved it by sending myself an MMS! I have an iPhone 4S on orange and it worked! Just make sure iMessage and MMS are turned on in settings. I was sending the MMS to an O2 phone in the end so it wasn't over iMessage. Good luck!