iPhone 4 Modem firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PUNISHER80, Jul 2, 2010.

1. PUNISHER80 macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 4 today and see that the modem firmware is 01.59.00, is this what everyone has?

2. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

3. PUNISHER80 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok cool, I tried searching, but with the amount of posts about the iPhone 4 on here it is damn near impossible to find the info your looking for without it being in the title of the thread.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course, apple is only shipping one version of the firmware. At some point they may update the radio, but they'll do en-mass.

5. PUNISHER80 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am aware of that being the case, however I am in Japan right now and wondered if for some reason, The iPhones shipped to Japan had a different modem firmware for some reason. I thought that the modem firmware was dependent on the iOS and not the phone itself, which I now realize is not the case. Both my previous 3Gs and wife's 3G had the same modem firmware for iOS 4.

6. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

it is dependant on iOS. you just dont realize that there is a separate version of every iOS for every iPhone. The iPhone 4's iOS firmware updates do not work with any other iphone and vice-versa.