Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azx4442

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Kent, United Kingdom
So here's the deal, I downloaded the Guitar Hero iPhone app a few months back onto my iPhone 4, and I was doing REALLY badly on it. I thought to myself.. "wow, i suck" but then I began to notice that I was only losing points whenever I had to hold down two notes at once! the iPhone seems to not register the two fingers straight away, causing a delay between the initial press to the screen reaction! :mad:

So anyway, I left it for a while thinking it was just a bug within the app, but then I got an iPad for my birthday and it installed the app on there, so I thought i'd try it out and guess what, no latency issues!

I've since tried various other apps on the iPhone 4 and there is definitely an issue with the multi-touch. When attempting to use the 'guitarist' app, if I pressed to fingers on the screen at once, there'd be a delay between initial press and sound, and when 3 or more fingers were pressed.. well, i got absolutely nothing. :(

I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to check your iPhones to see if you have similar issues as I have searched around on the web, and have only seen one post discussing it on the apple website discussion board.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Also works fine for me. I would first contact the app developers. If you can determine that it happens for more than one app, then you also might want to take it to an Apple store and talk to a "genius" about it.

azx4442

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Kent, United Kingdom
Problem Solved!

Thanks for the replies, I just figured out what the problem was!

I realised that I had enabled the zoom function in the accessibility options a while back. So I turned this option off, went back into the app, and now.. NO MORE LATENCY ISSUES!!!

(Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom > OFF)

saves me an hour's drive to the nearest apple store..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.