iPhone 4, music library alphabetization all screwed up...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rileaz, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Rileaz macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2010
    So about a month ago, I signed up for the Spotify Premium free trial, and for that trial month I used the Spotify mobile app on my phone to listen to music pretty much exclusively.

After the trial was over, I went back to just using the Music app, and lo and behold, the alphabetization of all my music is totally messed up. It's generally right for like 60% of things, but then random groups will be mixed in with letters 5 or 6 spaces over from the normal ordering.

I've tried manually restarting my phone, taking the music off my phone and putting it back on, and updating iTunes and re-synchronizing my phone, but still the alphabetization is all messed up.

Any ideas?:confused:
  2. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2011
    It seems like your "Artist" name and the "Song" names are being blended. I downloaded Korn from a disc i put in computer, and that is in order under "K", now if i download from computer a song by Korn, it might go by the title name of song (freak on a leash= F). you can also have it out of order by renaming them more than once. It's hard to exactly say how your playlists are being put into phone without me knowing. Maybe this will give you something to look at though.:) I had to shimmy mine around because of this.