iPhone 4 My voice not hear by others when making calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrsrini671, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mrsrini671 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am facing with my iPhone 4, when I make calls to others, I can hear them but they can not hear me. I tried some options after seeing in internet by keeping the card board, but its not working.

Skype,voice memo and other apps are working fine, only when calling others not hear my voice.

When I check with technicians some of them saying its ic problem some of them are saying mic problem.

If any one had this problem and got any solution please respond to my mail mrsrini671@yahoo.com or reply to this post.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Srini

2. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Try using earbuds and see if they can hear you. I have the same problem with my 4, which is out of warranty, and ordered a 5 yesterday, as much as I hated to go thru the expense.

3. lapeno macrumors 6502

Also have this problem. Replaced the microphone but no luck.

4. esbati macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. They told me ic problem and better for me to get a new phone.
    Skype and other application working properly.

5. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I just started having the same issue on my 4s. I have had the phone for about 20 months and now after being on the phone with everything working fine for about 20 seconds, they can no longer hear me. I can still hear them and I have 3-4 bars. Mute button is not pressed. So frustrating. If anyone knows what causes this I would love to know.

6. macnibblet macrumors newbie

Will it work with other apps like Skype. Also, have you tried speakerphone mode while calling. Maybe it is just a single bad microphone. Also, will it record sound in the Voice Memos and Camera app?

7. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

For me, I haven't had any issues with other apps. Also, the calls always start out fine. After 20-30 seconds or so, they can't hear me anymore but I can still hear them. It also isn't a constant thing that it does happen.

Just weird because I have been trying to schedule a doctor's appointment and it happened with them 5 times in a row. I called them from my landline phone and it was fine. They called me back a few days later and the same thing happened so we hung up. I called them back and it happened again. So then I called from my fiance's cell phone and it was fine.

I have had it happen from time to time randomly but it is really weird that this one doctor's office my phone is basically useless.