Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
nobody said it wouldnt be for the iphone 4 until this video so do you think green poison

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
bummer.. i got excited for a sec haha but yeah probably will be out with greenpoison or just gotta wait for the devteams release

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
nobody said it wouldnt be for the iphone 4 until this video so do you think green poison

You have to understand a little bit about Sn0wbreeze to realize it could never work on newer devices. It is based on a low level exploit that has long since been patched in the newer hardware. It is a windows version of pwnage tool which is modified each time a new firmware version comes out to enable custom firmware to be created and loaded on the older devices. Pwned for life means just that. You will always be able to jailbreak these older devices with custom firmware.

The new exploit being worked on by CronicDev team is exactly that, totally new and will work on the newer devices. It is also a low level exploit and will most likely enable the newer devices to be pwned for life.

The new tool will be worth the wait.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
yeah some Dev-team members have mentioned to stay away from Sn0wbreeze Ih8Sn0w is not a respected member of jbing known more as a hack. don't get me wrong the kid is smart. I couldn't do what he does, but he's still a hack and ignores request from the Dev-team chpwn has said he is not having anything to do with people that hack there phones with Sn0wbreeze and also recommended avoid. being that the Dev-team has recommended others I have no reason to doubt them.

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
so i have to wait for greenpoison to come out for my iphone 4?

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Greenpois0n is already out. Everyone is confusing greenpois0n with a jailbreak. greenpois0n was a set of tools to aid in the development of exploits. These tools collectively are known as greenpois0n. The new jailbreak will utilize the bootrom exploit found by pod2g (SHAtter) and currently has no name.

so when will have a chance to jailbreak my iphone 4 if this up coming software will not work

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
so when will have a chance to jailbreak my iphone 4 if this up coming software will not work

Nothing you can do but wait. There is no guarentee that the next jailbreak will ever work or ever come. That happens with every iOS release That's why the Dev teams say dont upgrade the firmware...

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Nothing you can do but wait. There is no guarentee that the next jailbreak will ever work or ever come. That happens with every iOS release That's why the Dev teams say dont upgrade the firmware...
the thing is i have never jailbroken my phone. And i just got an iphone 4 so now i hear the iphone 4 possibily wont be able to be jailbroken again

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
the thing is i have never jailbroken my phone. And i just got an iphone 4 so now i hear the iphone 4 possibily wont be able to be jailbroken again

If it has firmware 4.0 or 4.0.1 it can be jailbroken now. Anything higher and you'll have to wait like the rest of us for the 4.1 jailbreak. When that is, nobody knows

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
If it has firmware 4.0 or 4.0.1 it can be jailbroken now. Anything higher and you'll have to wait like the rest of us for the 4.1 jailbreak. When that is, nobody knows

yeah see i have ios4.1 so i dont think i can downgrade and go to 4.0.1 because i have no saved files

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
yeah see i have ios4.1 so i dont think i can downgrade and go to 4.0.1 because i have no saved files

There is the real possibility that there will no jailbreak with any new versions. That is the case with every new iOS released I had a JB 3GS on 4.01, but I still upgraded to ip4 with 4.02. I am ok with not having a JB if there is none, and I have done it with my 3G and 3GS for the last 2 years

Besides you have never jailbroken, so you are not missing anything you dont know about.

Plus the dev team does this on thier own time and noone pays them for it. When it comes out, if it does, make sure you donate to them

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
There is the real possibility that there will no jailbreak with any new versions. That is the case with every new iOS released I had a JB 3GS on 4.01, but I still upgraded to ip4 with 4.02. I am ok with not having a JB if there is none, and I have done it with my 3G and 3GS for the last 2 years

Besides you have never jailbroken, so you are not missing anything you dont know about.

Plus the dev team does this on thier own time and noone pays them for it. When it comes out, if it does, make sure you donate to them

I may not know but from seeing other friends jailbroken phones and youtube videos, it makes it look very cool. Seeing home pages look totally differnt from what it used to be is amazing and free apps. Its pretty cool exactly why i want it.

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
So will snowbreeze 2.0 jailbreak an iPhone 3GS old bootrom 4.1 that has NEVER been jailbroken? From what I have read I'm guessing not and I will have to wait for shatter?
My little bro will be gutted he won't be able to jb still lol

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I may not know but from seeing other friends jailbroken phones and youtube videos, it makes it look very cool. Seeing home pages look totally differnt from what it used to be is amazing and free apps. Its pretty cool exactly why i want it.

Jailbreaking is not about stealing apps. Pay for your apps !

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
There are tons of free apps available to the jailbreak community. Just because they are free doesn't mean the are cracked. Don't assume because you think that way...

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
There are tons of free apps available to the jailbreak community. Just because they are free doesn't mean the are cracked. Don't assume because you think that way...

There are tons of free apps in the APP Store. OP has no idea what Cydia apps are or what they do, or how many are free or are for sale.

I believe he meant exactly what I said he meant.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
There are tons of free apps in the APP Store. OP has no idea what Cydia apps are or what they do, or how many are free or are for sale.

I believe he meant exactly what I said he meant.

To be fair the OP said in the first sentence "I may not know but from seeing other friends jailbroken phones and youtube videos, it makes it look very cool." clearly tells that he has seen Cydia apps and what they can do for the iPhone. You don't need Cydia installed on a phone to see which apps are free or not.

Also, since you don't know this person, why would you simply assume cracked apps is what was meant? Taking your own opinion or view and claiming it's a fact before asking is a bad habit in any situation.

NickkyJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
all i wanna do is jailbreak it. I like having a stock iphone 4 its cool as hell dont get me wrong i just wanna experience a new process and find out what the jailbreaking and the difernt things i can do while jailbroken

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.