iPhone 4 No Longer Recognizes Home Network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kashchei, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

After working fine since the day I bought it when it came out, my iPhone 4 has not been recognizing my home network the last several days when I return from work. I tried re-entering the network password, which did no good. I told it to forget the network and re-entered all the information. That still did not fix the problem. The only thing that worked was actually changing the password on my network. I should say that my home computer also uses the same wireless router and hasn't had any problems. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with my iPhone?

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

did you try to reboot the phone? i find that on occasion, whether it be my phone, ipod or ipad, i lose the IP and DNS settings. the devices are still connected to the network, but are not configured right for internet access. the IP goes from my home configuration to some random IP and all my DNS settings are gone. i just reboot and then everything goes back to normal.