iPhone 4 no red dot voicemail notification cannot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by svnintl, May 15, 2013.

1. svnintl macrumors newbie

So I have a whole lot of problem that maybe someone can help me with one or all. This is my current setup
    - iphone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken (T-Mobile)

A.) For weeks now I do not get the red dot voicemail notification and I have no idea what could have caused it. I've tried the following:

1.) Reset all settings
    2.) upgrading to itunes 11.0.2

3.) removing and reinserting SIM card. Now this is the closest I got to fixing the problem. The red-dot shows up when there's no service and the top left is "searching", but right after the phone picks up service, the red-dot notification disappears again.

Could it be my sim card is too old ? Or there's an easy way to fix this problem ?

B.) I want to install SBsettings (which I used to have) but from messing around with the phone and trying to fix the voicemail notification I uninstalled it. And now going back into Cydia it keeps saying "the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts...depends sbsettings...". Is there a program like it thats like it ?

C.) I would just upgrade to iOS 6.1.2 (or earlier because there's no untethered jailbrake for 6.1.3) or reinstall my 5.1.1. BUT...now everytime i try to do a manual upgrade/restore I get an error "3194".

So basically, I can't upgrade, downgrade, can't do anything to this phone. Where did it all go wrong ?

2. svnintl thread starter macrumors newbie

I called T-mobile and they said that baseband needs to be upgraded and the only way to do that is upgrade through apple...to the latest 6.1.3. Anyway I can update baseband to a version where jailbreak is currently available ?

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Settings > Notifications > Phone and turn Badge App Icon ON.

Attached Files:

4. svnintl thread starter macrumors newbie

To update:

I just did a clean restore using iOS 5.1.1 signed IPSW using iFaith and problem fixed (with jailbreak using evasi0n 1.5.3).

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

6. charlisv macrumors newbie

Removing the "Red Dot" on voicemail

Make sure your cellular data is turned on. Once you do that the red dot disappears and your missing voice mail will show up.