Iphone 4 - No Service, No Point?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Concerts&Cons, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Concerts&Cons macrumors newbie

So I just went out to apple last week and bought two of the new iPhone 4's. They were activated and I brought them home and synced them up. No problem.

My phone does not get calls in my house. At all. My verizon cell has no problem. It's just the IPhone. In fact, it has no service in any building, it constantly drops calls with no explanation.
    I called AT&T and they told me that I could only get calls in rooms where there are windows. Well, I have windows in my house.

However, I only bought the phone so I could do inventory online in my warehouse which *surprise* doesn't have windows. AT&T told me I could by something to attach to my laptop so I'd have phone service everywhere...for 150 dollars. But the whole POINT of the phone was so I didn't have to bring my laptop everywhere with me.

Also- The Apple store, who is supposed to be giving out bumpers is refusing to hand them out, they have them in stock, but they tell you you need to go to AT&T to get one. AT&T told me to go to the mac store, where I also should have ended up with a case.

Anyway, does anyone have this problem? I think I should be able to receive phone calls in a building. Am I wrong? Anyone have a similar problem?

2. jgayman macrumors member

I know it is frustrating but it sounds like AT&T simply does not have good coverage where you live. Years ago when I switched to AT&T I had just the opposite, no Verizon coverage at my house but AT&T worked fine.

It sounds though like you may be an ideal candidate for the AT&T MicroCell. It hooks to your Broadband network and creates a private AT&T cell around your house. You would probably need to verify that it has sufficient range to cover your buildings.

3. GodlyDan macrumors newbie

GodlyDan

I'd have to agree that a micro-cell is for you. as for the Bumper issue i would just download the app for your iPhone and order it that way

4. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Since the free case program started, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting their free case at the same time they purchased the phone. Everyone I know who's gotten a case from the program (myself included) had to download the app and order it that way.

Sympathize with your reception issues though. Sounds like your options are either a microcell or a new carrier.

5. alansaysstop macrumors regular

With my first iPhone 4 I had a ton of dropped calls even when I had full reception. I got a replacement and haven't had a problem yet. Maybe you should try going to get a new one? They'll run diagnostics on it and replace it. It's really simple.