iPhone 4 no service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emettsantucci, Jan 15, 2011.

1. emettsantucci macrumors member

emettsantucci

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So, I got an iPhone 4 a couple of moths ago from eBay. I took my sim card out of my at&t pantech pursuit and cut it into a mini sim with one of those tools that you can buy online. I have been using for these last few months and it's great, but yesterday I was in the car with my brother and all the bars disappeared and it said no service, so I restarted it because it does that sometimes, but now it refuses to connect, it doesn't even recognize my number anymore, I put it back in my pursuit and it works fine in there, but whenever I try to switch it back that iPhone won't connect. Any ideas? Do I need to restore it?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try just connecting it to iTunes and see what it does. Otherwise, your SIM may have been flagged because it is in an iPhone 4, but is not a Mini SIM. Does at&t know you have an iPhone (ie does it appear in your account, are you paying for data?). If it is legitimate, I would just go to an at&t store and get a new SIM, otherwise, you'd better activate it in iTunes so it appears on your account.

TEG

3. emettsantucci thread starter macrumors member

emettsantucci

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It used to appear on my att account, but now it just says pantech pursuit even when it in the iPhone, I'm not paying for data at the moment, but I know that att will automatically give me q plan when they realize that I have an iPhone, so I was waiting for that. My brother has an iPhone 4 with a real mini sim and unlimited data so I put bs sim card in my iPhone and it didn't recognize his either so I think it's software