iPhone 4 No signal or wifi after new screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by domm29, Jan 25, 2013.

1. domm29 macrumors newbie

Hey all

Ive been researching on google quite a bit and i cannot find a solution for my problem

Basically ive took a few iphones apart 3G's 4's 4s's to know what im doing (well thought i did!)

Iphone is locked to o2 , and had a cracked screen.

Fitted the new one and now the iphone fired up fine and the 3g symbol was lit up but was constantly searching.

I restored the iphone and now it wont get any signal or even pick up the wifi network when it had 5 bars before!

Ive checked the little connector next to the battery connector and it appears fine but i have ordered a whole new speaker assembly with the antenna justo see if thats the problem.

Any other help would be appriciated. thankyou

2. funy macrumors member

iPhone 4 No signal or wifi after new screen

Sounds odd, is it a genuine spare part? Nothing could have fallen in or got in there shorting it out?

3. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

Check the screw at the top center of the wifi antenna (metal plate). There is a metal bushing type bit that clips on neat the screw hole. Sometimes that comes loose.

4. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I just re-read your post & realized you have to cell service. I thought it was just wifi. Check the inductor cool next to the antenna connector. It's blue. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359159345.435805.jpg

5. domm29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey dstasio , i must have knocked it off as there are 2 solder points :mad:

Would this also stop the wifi working ? and also can i just sold the 2 points together or would that not work , if so where do i get a new one , it doesnt half look tricky to solder!

Thankyou everybody for your help!

6. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

You can pick up an new on on ebay for a few bucks, or you can usually just solder a jumper between the two points if you are in a jam.

7. domm29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok , thanks for your help , if i solder a jumper what would be the effects ? thanks

8. domm29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just so everybody knows , i ended up bridging the gap with some normal wire and solder , was very very tricky but it did the job i did knock off the blue inductor!