Iphone 4 No Sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BooShay, Mar 4, 2011.

1. BooShay macrumors newbie

Unplugged my iphone from the charger today and it told me there was no sim card inside when there most definitely is. I tried turning off and on but no luck? What can/should i do? Anyone ever had this problem?

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

I had this issue with my iPhone 3 when I first owned it. I just removed the SIM and put it back in and there were no further issues.

3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Try ejecting the SIM and re-seating it. Put a paperclick into the little hole on the side of the phone to pop the SIM tray.

4. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Eject the SIM.. pop it back in.. if that doesn't help, restore it!

5. lapocompris macrumors regular

Restore the phone, not the SIM.

Sorry :eek:

6. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Happened to me as well but in my case it was a bad sim card. Took it back to my provider (Sunrise a Swiss company) and had it checked out. The assistant put her sim card in my phone and it worked-while my sim card did not work in her iphone so I got a replacement sim at no charge. Happens sometimes I guess.

7. BooShay thread starter macrumors newbie

8. thejoshhoward macrumors member

I've been having the same problem consistently over the past few weeks. It's like the SIM won't stay seated. Pretty random, really...seems to be no reason for it.

If it keeps happening, is this the kind of thing I address with Apple or AT&T?

9. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Go to AT&T and get a new sim. If it keeps happening after that, take it to Apple